TikTok as an Information Source Webinar
TikTok as an Information Source Webinar Online
People are receiving information through short videos at increasing rates between TikTok, Instagram’s Reels, Facebook’s Reels, and Snapchat Stories. This webinar will focus primarily on TikTok since it is becoming one of the top social media apps in the United States with TikTok reporting 150 million US users in March of 2023. We will discuss how the shift from text and photos to videos is changing our students and our own expectations for learning, how TikTok is designed as a platform, and why you might consider utilizing these apps in the classroom and for sharing your research.
This webinar will cover:
- An overview of what is TikTok
- Popular ways people use TikTok as a search engine
- TikTok communities and academia
- Sharing scholarly work on TikTok
All who register for this program will receive a copy of the slides and recording.
- Wednesday, April 3, 2024
- 12:15pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.